DHL Series Corner Tube Boiler Grate pulverized bituminous or lean
coal fired thermal plant
A cornertube boiler is a type of natural circulation water-tube
boiler which differentiates itself from other water tube boilers by
its characteristic water-steam cycle and a pre-separation of heated
steam from the steam-water mixture occurs outside the drum and the
Cornertube boilers were developed for small steam output. The
design was based around two factors that, along with excellent
water circulation, should be appropriate cooling even at light
loads. Its special feature is its Monocoque body i.e. the unheated
downcomers form the supporting frame work and not the thermally
loaded tubes, hence the name corner tube boiler.Moreover, the
piping-arrangement (system) is also responsible; to manage the
riser tubes and water distribution in riser tubes and down comers
and to collect the steam water mixture and to make a certain amount
of pre-separation of steam and water mixture.Put simply, the water
circulation takes place simultaneously through the drum and through
the unheated down comers outside the drum.
|Burning method||Layer burning(Grate)|
|Main steam pipe(DN)||125||150||200||200||250||250||300||300|
|Toatal power consumption||KW||72.15||104.5||155.9||225.9||359||642||838.5||785.5|
|Induced draft fan||Kw||37||55||90||110||185||310||400||400|
Fuel:Bagasse, Biomass, Lignite, Coal,Bituminous coal, Scaly Bark,
Fuel gas, Industrial waste, khuff gas, MFO(marine fuel oil),
Organic matter, Oil, Litter, Rice hulls, Rubberwood, Sludge, Wood,
• Self supporting construction by the four downcomers.
• It can expand from the base in all directions and adapt to
different operating conditions.
• The thermal expansion is from top to bottom and with the usage of
grate firing the grate firing the thermal expansion difference is
minimised there by manifesting the sealing between grate and the
• The shorter path of water supply to the riser tubes leads to faster
and more reliable operation on different loads and a quick start
• It can be coupled with Concentrated solar power plant (CSP) as well
in order to have increased efficiency ( above 33%) where the main
fuels are Biomass, Landfill gas and Wood.
• Construction and arrangement of heating surfaces is flexible as
water can be supplied directly from the drum which is placed quite
far away from heating surfaces.
• Low risk of Foaming . As the water and the steam-water mixture
which is fed into the drum maintains the same and constant level
all the time leaving the space above water level in drum ( please
refer to the schemactic diagram pic).
• Quick load variations and reliable operation in variable loads and
at any significant change in pressure as the water level in the
drum is stable and remains inaffected from turbulence.
• Less steel is needed as there is no lower boiler drum and moreover
the absence of lower drum eliminated unwanted thermal stresses.
Established in 1985,Zhangjiagang Hua Dong Boiler Co.,Ltd.(trading
as HD Boiler),produces power plant; industrial; waste heat; waste
incineration; biomass; organic heat carrier and electric steam
boilers. Coupled with a comprehensive range of heating surfaces, HD
Boiler brings to the market a unique service including boiler
design , fabrication, installation, maintenance and replacement of
boiler pressure parts.
1. Fabrication area of 200,000 square meters
2. 150 Engineers
3. 600 Coded welders
4. 60 Licensed Inspectors(NDT Level-III instructors)
5. Class-A Licenses for Design and Manufacture Boiler
6. ISO 9001:2008 Quality System
7. ASME Certificate of Power Boilers
8. ASME 'S','U' and NB stamp authorization